Well the temperature here is still in the mid-fifties and the skies are still mostly cloudy with intermittent rain and I am just going to ignore that and have some salad even though it feels more like a soup day. Actually, my plan is to make one dressing and have two different salads over the next couple of days. The dressing for the day; cilantro vinaigrette. I got some guidance from Bobby Flay for my version, but I used a lemon (because that is what I had) and subbed in agave syrup for grins and garlic for bite and what a lovely dressing it turned out to be. I think I want to paint a wall this color…what do you think?
Makes about ¾ cup
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic coarsely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Place lemon juice, vinegar, agave syrup, cumin, cilantro, garlic and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until cilantro and garlic are chopped fine and everything is well blended.
- With the blender still running add the olive oil through the feed in a very slow stream until all the oil is incorporated and the vinaigrette is thoroughly blended. Use immediately, or store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Shake well before using.